Thursday, July 12, 2007

Irish Dancing 7-12-07

So we went to the global market last night with Liz and Eric. It was fun catching up with them as we hadn't seen them for about a month or so. Darren and I got Mexican and the Bergets got some African food. It was the first time I think I have ever gotten a vegetarian meal. I got sweet corn tamales which were very filling. I tried to eat all my beans on the side-- for fiber. We Americans lack fiber...or maybe it is just me, but it feels better to say Americans!

So, right before we got our food this man sitting down at a table asked us if we were here for the Irish dancing. We said no, but immediately it excited Liz and I and we knew we had to do it! Two hours later we left with our calves aching and our shirts sweaty. What a fun, spontaneous night filled with excercise and community. It was all ages and abilities...including Darren who was great to watch try to get the hang of the "steps". We had a great, unexpected time...who knew Irish Dancing was so fun :)

No comments: